This year’s new twist of home isolation has also forced people into their homes for extended periods of time. Many turned to their kitchen for baking, busy work and family comfort time, but noticed that their kitchen décor had become just a little, well, outdated.
Fortunately there are many great ideas for kitchen designs that turn dull into delicious. Check out some of these hot décor trends from Uniboard, the leading expert in engineered wood products, TFL and HPL. With a full range of painstakingly-developed colours and top-of-the line decorative panels, there are plenty of options available for the perfect kitchen renovation:
- Be a mixing maestro: It’s not just about mixing ingredients; kitchen cabinets don’t have to be one texture or colour palette to be tasty. Ombre (K64) panels with a Nobella finish and realistic appearance can pair well with the rustic feel of Whisky (K48) panels featuring a leather effect combined with wood grain highlights. Or a classic, beige wood grain Mimosa (K25) could look simply stunning with an anti-fingerprint Artic White (505) panel. Designers can use a tool such as Design 360 to create unlimited combinations and visualize their projects. The number of possible combinations is endless.
- The bold and the beautiful: While an all-white kitchen with black highlights is striking, why not add a little touch of bold drama? Adding a touch of bold colour can help change the feel of your kitchen and create a more inviting and inspiring space to entertain. To work in some colour try adding coloured hardware, faucet or lighting fixtures. Or make a bigger impact with a colourful backsplash complemented by accessories, small appliances and dinnerware.
- Ditch the doors: More and more kitchen designs are eliminating the closed feel of cupboards and turning to open-shelf décor, but that means paying closer attention to those now-visible shelves. Go with a creative colour like Nebula (K39) an older favourite such as Audacity (241) or add an outdoor nature feel with a touch of Fern (V10).
- Backsplash with shelf: Many kitchen connoisseurs love the reliable backsplash for easy clean-up, but why not add a shallow shelf for convenient access to spices, utensils or coffee mugs? Use the gorgeous Etrusco (V05) to add the “wow” factor.
- Going grey: Talk about aging gracefully! Muted grey shades like our Anti-fingerprint Willow Grey (802), and rich decors like Shanshu (K23) inspired by banana trees, can help making staying home more fun until those warm, summer days return.
- Solid Colours: One of the hottest trends this year is the use if solid colour panels for cupboard doors or side walls that really help to make these kitchen features pop. The colour of choice for this new trend is the popular Wave Blue (K45). A classic way to follow the latest trends!