The humble bathroom was once a room of, well, necessity in our otherwise busy and chaotic lives. But over the past decades this functional space has transformed into a treasured, multi-faceted part of the household that also serves as a luxurious sanctuary of peace and serenity when needed.
The new focus on the importance of the bathroom environment has inspired designers and homeowners alike to rethink their decorative strategy for this space. More than ever people are looking to create a restful, calming, Zen-like experience with their new bathroom designs. With that in mind, here are the top five trends in bathroom design materials from Uniboard, the leading expert in TFL and HPL in North America, to help create this soothing transformation:
1. Be more artistic: Why not start by bringing more artistic influences in designing this very important space? For example cabinets in Endgrain (K37) with a Supermat finish can be artfully offset by classical fixtures and soft colours in a perfect harmony of mood and beauty.
2. Give it a Spa feel: As a room of sanctuary and tranquility, look to create pure clean lines with your décor with the flow of the fixtures and an uncluttered environment. Introduce touches of serenity with soft lighting, candles, and soothing fountains. Add a soft white, woodgrain Feather White (K62) or a darker Ombre (K64) TFL panels in the innovative synchronized Nobella texture to complete the “take me away” experience.
3. Make a statement: Infuse the space with your personality and style. Look to the latest modern trends in solid colors in engineered panels like Wave Blue (K45) combined with gold accent pieces will bring drama and flair to the bathroom.
4. Back to the classics: On the other hand, if a vintage touch just feels right, a Victorian approach could be the answer. A cast iron ball and claw foot tub, vintage sink and shower paired with dramatic Dorato Brown (K35) wall panels can transport bathroom visitors back to a time of dramatic refinement of days gone by. Bold darker colours in the bathroom are one of the top trends for 2020.
5. Grey and white: Instead of the bolder attributes of the black and white design esthetic, décor trends in bathrooms are leaning toward the softer greys and whites. Haze grey (H57) wood grain panels for the vanity or linen cabinets with a muted Skye white (H54) countertop can provide the perfect subtle contrast.
The overall return of warmer tones and accents- specifically in thermally fused laminates and high pressure laminates, offers designers various shades to complement the white, blue, green, and darker colored bathroom designs on trend today. Practically anywhere, wood accents can pair nicely with today’s vintage, modern or even industrial trends so it’s no surprise that they’re so popular.